Snap Inc. and Bixel Exchange PresentSnapchat Sticker
Pack Design Challenge
Now, we want to see your designs! Unleash your creativity and design a sticker pack themed to 'High School: A Day in the Life.' The student designers of the top 20 sticker packs will have the opportunity to visit Snap Inc. Headquarters in Venice Beach for a Meet & Greet and Workshop hosted by the Snapchat design team!
- Students enrolled in Los Angeles County high schools; grades 9-12 only; 13+ years of age.
- One entry per person; an entry is considered THREE designed stickers. Submissions of more or less than three stickers will be disqualified.
- Individual submissions only; no teams.
- Design must be original; fully owned by student; no use of third party brands or logos.
Your stickers should express the experience or associated emotions of high school life. All submissions will be voted upon by a group of judges using the below equally weighted (20%) criteria:
- Legibility: When designs scale small to fit the mobile phone, how well can you see the design? Are all designs and text easy to read?
- Clear Expression: Does the design do a good job in clearly depicting the sticker idea? Does it do a good job focusing on the main idea and leaving out unnecessary details?
- Originality: How original and unique is the sticker design?
- Creativity: How creative is the sticker design?
- Usability: How useful is the sticker in helping express its intended message? Is the sticker easy to use? Is it broad enough that it can be used in various situations? Is it relatable?
The “Finalists” are the top 50 sticker packs, selected by members of Bixel Exchange according to the voting criteria described above.
The “Winners” are the top 20 sticker packs, selected by Snapchat designers according to the voting criteria described above.
Formatting & Submission Info
- 1000 x 1000 pixels per sticker.
- Under 300 KB per sticker preferred.
- On a transparent background.
- Designs can be created using Illustrator or Photoshop but must be submitted as a PNG file.
- Submit final designs to SnapChallenge@lachamber.com.
- In the body of your email include your name, email address, telephone number, and age, and the name of your high school and your teacher's name.
- Include a signed copy of the Official Rules below.
- The 20 student winners will get to visit Snap Inc. HQ in Venice Beach, CA where they will meet with and receive design advice from Snapchat designers!
- Transportation by car service HopSkipDrive to and from Snap Inc. provided by Snap Inc. Additional information on transportation will be provided to winners at later time.
- Winners must be able to attend the workshop at Snap Inc. on June 1, 2017, at the times indicated by Snap Inc. No makeup dates or alternate prizes will be awarded.
- Winners will need to complete, sign, and return a permission slip to visit Snap Inc. by May 26, 2017.
Sometimes stickers say more than words. Take a photo or video Snap. Then tap the in the top-right corner of the Snap preview screen to explore our stickers for inspiration! You can also view sticker examples by visiting support.snapchat.com and searching for stickers.
To enter the Snapchat Sticker Pack Design Challenge, please print and sign the Official Rules available through the button below, and email a copy of the signed Official Rules, the information requested in the "Formatting & Submission Info" section and the three stickers designed by you to SnapChallenge@lachamber.com.
Questions? Email SnapChallenge@lachamber.com.