Who We Are
The Bixel Startup LAunch Tech SBDC is the impact-driven tech incubator at Bixel Exchange, the innovation and tech center of the Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce. We empower ALL tech entrepreneurs to launch and sustainably scale their companies.
Since 2015, we thrive in creating bridges at the intersection of public, private, corporate and tech sectors. Through our collaboration with corporate and civic organizations throughout L.A., including accelerators, incubators, co-working spaces, venture capitalists, angel investors and private equity firms, universities, research institutions, innovation labs and government, we help connect entrepreneurs with valuable information, resources and support within the L.A. tech community.
Funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the Small Business Administration.
What We Do
We provide tech startups of all stages with...
1. Valuable non-equity and no-cost one-to-one advising. We have 15 core advisors and 60 guest advisors passionate about seeing our community grow! Most importantly, they represent the LA we know and love!
2. Tailored Programming designed to serve the unique needs of entrepreneurs from every walk of life. Diversity and inclusion is in our DNA and we strive to design experiences that reflect our commitment. Check out our past monthly Coworking Day with partners HERE!
3. Ongoing Resources and Partnerships through the rollercoaster ride of being an entrepreneur! Our program is designed to complement existing incubator and accelerator programs in Greater LA and beyond. It takes a village to grow a startup and we rely on collaboration and community for strength! Learn more about our Tech Salons, LA Area Chamber Innovation and Tech Councils (ITC), and
We have a committed team of core advisors who are entrepreneurs themselves with diverse domain expertise to help entrepreneurs overcome barriers, challenges and blocks! We like to call them superpowers in the following areas 1) Money 2) Product 3) Marketing and 4) Hiring. In addition to our core advisors, we have guest community advisors equally as committed to our mission in seeing you and our larger community succeed! We are proud that all of our advisors represent the breadth of unique diversity in Los Angeles and are aligned with our mission and values.
#TechLACares We empower and fuel entrepreneurs in the greater L.A. tech community with one on one advising, coaching, mentorship and support!
We accept applications on a rolling basis throughout the year since we work with entrepreneurs on an individual and customized basis. Last year alone in 2018 we advised 275 startups with one on one advising!
Applications are processed every Friday and average processing time is 7-10 business days. Checklist to complete our application is:
- Inquiry Form
- Pitch Deck and/or Business Model Canvas uploaded
- Official 641 Form to maintain confidentiality for everyone, it's our top priority!
- Questionnaire Form to gain a clear snapshot of your company and where we can or cannot help!
If you're unsure if you've completed all parts of the application or simply have questions or feedback regarding our application, please reach out to Elianne Rodriguez firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up for her office hours!
For information, questions or love notes:
Contact us at email@example.com.